Please make a note/mark calendars….all dates and times subject to change
1. Last day to register is Tuesday, April 30th.
2. On Sunday, May 5th, ALL parent are invited to attend Amherst Summer Swim public meeting, commencing at 1:30 pm at Amherst Junior High. Please enter through the front doors.
a. Get pool passes, merchandise & swim team forms
b. learn about required volunteer jobs
c. meet board members
3. Wednesday, June 5th there will be a swim test for any NEW swimmers, time tba. New swimmers that do not pass the test according to Coach Bartek’s standards will have their money refunded.
4. Thursday, June 6th returning swimmers report, time tba
5. Monday, June 10th – Green & Gold Meet #1 only for Amherst 10U boys & girls, 8:00-10:00 am — strokes established by Coach Bartek
6. Monday, June 17th – Green & Gold Meet #2 only for Amherst 10U boys & girls, 8:00-10:00 am — strokes established by Coach Bartek
7. Picture Day = Thursday, 6-20-19, time tba
8. Pre-Championship Party Event at Amherst Main Street on Thursday, 7-25-19, 6:00 pm
9. Swim Team Banquet at Marion L. Steele High School Cafetorium — $10 per family = Tuesday, 7-30-19, time tba
Meet start times 5:30 pm but subject to change
2019 NCSL Proposed Schedule
HOME SWIM MEETS
Invitationals – times tba
@ Westlake Sun., 6-23-19
@ Avon Lake Sun., 7-14-19
AWAY SWIM MEETS
Th, 6-13-19 @ Westlake
T, 6-25-19 @ Bay Village
Th, 7-18-19 @ Avon
T, 7-23-19 @ Rocky River
F, 7-26-19, 4:30 warm-up’s/5:40 meet start time
S, 7-27-19 7:30 am warm-up’s/8:45 am meet start time
Amherst Aquatic Club
Welcome friends, we hope you can join us for an informational meeting where we will discuss times, fees, next steps as well as answer any questions you may have. This meeting is for ANYONE interested in competitive swimming. Spread the word! 😉
Amherst Aquatics Club is a NEW USA Swim Team and, “promotes the culture of swimming by creating opportunities for swimmers and coaches of all backgrounds to participate and advance in the sport through teams, events and education.”
Amazing things are coming with this new organization. 🏊🏻♂️🏊♀️
Note: the South Lobby of Marion L. Steele High School is located off the parking lot behind the football field. When heading North on Washington Street, it is the first parking lot on your left.
Junior and Beginner’s Season will be for April & May and will allow swimmers to participate in USA meets in ADDITION to Amherst Summer Swim Season. This will NOT replace any component of Amherst Summer Swim rather it will complement it!
A new swim team is in its infancy stage of forming. The Amherst Aquatic Club (AAC) will be U.S.A. affiliated and will have a separate governing board than Amherst Summer Swim Team (ASST). AAC will be a separate entity from the ASST. As new information comes out, it’ll be shared by members of an AAC board.
From Jami L. Anderson, Administrative Assistant for the City of Amherst: If any swim team member(s) is interested in employment as lifeguards, please refer to the attachment for the application or stop at Amherst City Hall between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday – Friday.
Hi! Attention parents of 8th graders interested in high school swimming next year: tomorrow F, 1-15-19 at MLS swim team’s meet at Splash Zone in Oberlin there will be a ‘meet & greet’ @ 5:00pm. Pizza free admission included.